Expert Flirting Tips By Fran Greene
Some people are natural flirts, but what if you’re not one of those people? We’ve compiled 10 expert tips on flirting that even the most timid of singles can use.
10. Flirting is an attitude A good flirt is self-confident and not afraid to take risks. Be enthusiastic and positive — it works!
9. Start a conversation The best opening line is saying hello. Talk about the surroundings, ask a question, ask for help or state an opinion.
8. Have fun Be playful, light-hearted and spontaneous. Show your vulnerability.
7. Use props Never leave home without a prop. Props are natural conversation starters. They encourage conversation and others will be compelled to start talking to you. Great props include dogs, kids, unusual jewelry, a fabulous scent, a sweatshirt with your favorite passion, unusual ties, hats, or an interesting book or newspaper.
6. Be the host Change your behavior from guest to host. You are not a passive person waiting around for romance; instead, you’re the welcome committee.
5. Make the first move Move closer to the person you want to meet. Say hello.
4. Listen You have two ears and one mouth because you should listen twice as much as you speak. Listening is a true art. Your flirting partner will be drawn to you. Everyone loves to be heard.
3. Eye contact Please look your partner in the eye gently (no more than a few seconds) and then glance away. Don’t stare — it’s a turn off.
2. Compliment Compliment your flirting partner. The best compliments have the element of surprise. The “flirtee” will know that you really noticed them. Remember, your compliments must be honest, sincere and genuine. When you receive a compliment, the best response is a simple “Thank you!”
1. Smile It’s contagious. Smiling makes you so much more approachable. A smile lights up your face and draws people to you. You’ll be a people magnet.
Fran Greene is a freelance writer who often covers relationship issues.